Stretch marks can appear in different parts of the body like the arms, stomach, breasts or thighs. They are especially common in the hips. Stretch marks are actually tissue scars that form when the skin has been damaged by rapid growth. You can, however, reduce the appearance of stretch marks on the thighs.
– cocoa butter
– body scrub
1. Apply cocoa butter on the hips. Studies have shown that regular use of cocoa butter helps attenuate stretch marks more rapidly than some other creams on the market. Also, look for creams containing naturally healing ingredients such as shea butter, jojoba oil, castor oil and rosehip oil.
2. Try a nonprescription medicine such as Mederma, which is specially designed for the treatment of stretch marks and scars. (Any cream that is designed to get rid of scars will work fine.) Like any other scar, stretch marks are classified as hypertrophic or keloid. Curing time generally takes up to six months before a significant improvement occurs.
3. Talk to your dermatologist about Retin-A topical creams. It has been shown that these creams greatly reduce the appearance of stretch marks. The Retin-A creams stimulate cell renewal. The new cells take the place of the old ones. Retin-A requires a prescription.
4. Consider laser therapy treatments. There are a variety of different lasers to use, depending on stretch marks coloring characteristics of each individual. A laser treatment can help fade dark streaks, boost the skin elasticity and stimulate collagen production. Laser therapy can be costly and painful.
5. Start dermabrasion treatments. A licensed professional will use a dermabrasion device to treat stretch marks. Tiny crystals in the end of the device polish the upper layers of the skin. With repeated treatments, you’ll see a noticeable improvement. Expect your skin to look a little red and irritated after each treatment.
6. Consult your dermatologist about a chemical peeling. Chemical peeling involves the application of chemicals, which react with the upper layers of the skin. The reaction makes these layers to disappear after a few days. Stretch marks are less visible on the skin after repeated chemical peeling.